What a huge year 2014 has been! From graduating with Masters, to getting my insulin pump, I’m not quite sure where the year has gone. This time of year always prompts reflection over what we have accomplished and how much we have grown over the past year. And rather than setting New Years resolutions or look at things I could have done, I like to count my lucky stars and give extra thanks to the people who make my life special.
I feel extremely lucky to be where I am, although there are moments where I feel like a fraud and that these opportunities were mistakenly given to me. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing and inspiring people who have helped me become a better person. So thank you to each and every person who has made 2014 a fun, successful and awesome year. Here’s a quick recap from on the year that has been:
Big 5 Moments of 2014:
- Going on an insulin pump: 4 Years in the Making
- The passing of a good friend: In Loving Memory…
- Speaking at my first conference: Roche Educator Day – ADS/ADEA 2014
- Celebrating achievements towards my career goals: Why I Decided to be a Healthcare Professional
- First overseas holiday in many years: Carb Counting in Singapore
Top 5 Posts of 2014:
- Diabetes: A day in the life…
- Team Novo Nordisk – Changing Diabetes
- Mental Health Week – You are not weak.
- Say NO to Diabetes Stigma & Discrimination
- Hypos – that loving betes feeling
To everyone reading, a huge thank you for your continuous support! Here’s to a bright, safe, joyous and fulfilling year ahead of us with many more adventures. Happy New Year!